Wood Borer and its Problems:
Wood boring insects refer to a selection of arthropods which cause damage to wooden structures. These insects are seen as pests both in urban, and rural areas. Within an urban environment wood boring insects can cause a huge amount of damage to residential properties. Whilst in agricultural and rural settings, wood boring insects are responsible for damaging crops. There are some cases though where wood boring insects have become an epidemic in some forests killing a large amount of trees. To keep safe your valuable wooden furniture you are highly recommended for Woodborer Services in your home. Kalinga Pest Control provides all type of WoodBorer Services with a new technique.
The majority of furniture in Indian households is made of wood or composites of wood. Wood-borer larvae or powderpost beetle larvae are pests that can damage wooden structures and furniture. The insecticide also prevents adults laying eggs on the surface.
Wood Borer and its Types:
This group of insects feature a range of species of insect at different stages of their life cycles from larvae to adults. The old house borer belongs to a group called cerambycid beetles. Again they are also know as long-horned beetles. Most long-horned beetles are wood borers in the larval stage. But only the old house borer is a serious pest in homes.
Woodworm is a generic term used for a number of species of wood-boring beetle and refers to the larvae of the beetles. These feed on wood after hatching from the egg, creating tunnels in the process. They only emerge from the timber after pupating and developing into adults, creating the characteristic holes in the wood surface. However, it’s worth noting that, some wood boring insects are a key part to the ecosystem, helping to recycle dead trees.
WoodBorer Services by Kalinga Pest Control:
KPC’s WBM service protects and prevents future infestations. Treat any bare wood with solvent based insecticidal borer fluid. Solvent based insecticides using turpentine or kerosene will penetrate deep into the timber and will kill larvae as they eat the wood. All Wood Borer treatments are specially designed to disrupt at least one of the life cycle stages of the beetles.
This characteristic also leads to the misconception that the holes can be treated with insecticide to kill the beetle, when in fact it is pointless as the hole signifies that the beetle has left. The main beetles that cause damage to structural timber and wooden fittings, furniture and items in buildings are classified into three groups, commonly called: deathwatch (Anobiidae family), powderpost and false powderpost beetles (Bostrichidae family).
How Does We Work ?
- Severe infestations can lead to deterioration of wooden beams or the replacement of entire furniture and flooring.
- KPC identifies and locates the infestation that is characterized by distinct yellow powder, which is the debris from the tunnels excavated by the larvae.
- Our expert technicians then proceed to treat it with appropriate means.
- Treatment of raw wood / ply before polishing applying laminates etc. can help in prevention due to better absorption and retention of spray.
WoodBorer Services Technique:
- The KPC technician uses a chemical injection to treat the affected area to terminate the underlying pests.
- KPC technician uses a chemical injection to treat the affected area to terminate the underlying pests.
- KPC Provide effective pest control services for Anti Wood Borer Treatment to protect all your Wood and Furniture being destroyed by termites.
- The technician uses a chemical injection to treat the affected area to reduce the growing stages of pests inside the wood.
Our Service Offerings for WoodBorer Services:
- KPC provides an annual management service which includes 4 services in a year with periodical checkups.
- These pests can do significant cosmetic and structural damage to the furniture.
- KPC’s chemical treatment safeguards against wood-borer infestations.